Friday, February 28, 2014

Off-the-Hook Friday -- Link to Your Recently Finished Projects

Don't you love the phrase "off the hook"? It evokes in me feelings of freedom...of time to spend on yarny creations or other crafty pursuits. Freedom of all kinds come with being "off the hook". As I write this, I allow myself to enjoy the buttery caramel aroma drifting in from the kitchen (freedom from calorie-counting!), and imagine the feeling of the soft, variegated boutique yarn I'll be using in an upcoming project that I'll be free to start very soon.

I especially love it when I'm "off the hook" as far as work goes, having finished whatever needed to be done for my writing clients. Because once I reach this point, I truly am free to work on a new blog post for you or spend time on a crochet work in progress.

In terms of crochet, the phrase "off the hook" can be exciting and sad at the same time. Exciting because it's a wonderful, pride-filled moment when you can finally reveal something you've been working hard on. Sad because a little piece of our hearts goes into each work, doesn't it? And that final stitch can be somewhat bittersweet.

I'm coming to the end of my Flowers in Bloom scrapbuster baby afghan, which I began blogging about here.


I'll be sad to see this one come off the hook because its end will coincide with my time here in Arctic Illinois drawing to a close, and it will be quite a few months before I can see my family again. Seeing my sweetheart when I return to Germany will be lovely....you know how it goes when you're happy to see someone and sad to leave others behind for a while?

But I've digressed because that's not yet a finished project! Here's a sneak peek at a multi-stitch infinity scarf I recently finished and have been wearing about.

New design for a multi-stitch infinity scarf
Today is Off the Hook Friday here at the Go Crochet Crazy blog! 


I'd love to see what you've recently taken off the hook and give others the chance to view your work, too. Simply comment below this blog post and include a link back to your blog post or photo on Pinterest, Flickr or wherever you've got it publicly posted. I'll be sure to stop by your blog and comment on your post! Seeing what others have completed never fails to inspire me, so let's celebrate one anothers completed projects together! If you're ready to stock up on supplies for your next project, I invite you to stop by my Go Crochet Crazy Amazon Store!

9 comments:

  1. This is a hat I just finished using Becky Dirlam's free pattern. TY BECKY! https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111344133333254111106

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. C.S., your hat is fantastic!! You did a beautiful job with the pattern. :)

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary, I'm off the hook today, I have just finished a newborn baby sleeping bag. I made it from a pattern I wrote up last year. I have only been writing patterns for about 8 months or so and with each one I learn a bit more about the pattern writing process. I have totally rewritten this pattern this week too, I have made it simpler and easy to follow so as to appeal to more people; I have charted the pattern stitch (so new to this) and I also added a smaller size. So I am really pleased with this pattern now.
    You can view the newborn sleeping bag on my blog : linda-dawn-designs.blogspot.co.uk

    post title : Precious beginnings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, the baby sleeping bag is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. You've done beautiful work on that piece!

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mary, I am really pleased with it, the photo's don't really show how small it is, it's so teeny, tiny and cute lol xx

      Delete
  3. I am agree with you, to be off the hook is really great, just have the satisfaction of the work done and show it to the other and say: "I've done it, myself with my little hands..."

    Here's my last finished project (a small one) for my daughter: http://delaineetdecoton.blogspot.be/2014/03/attache-tutute-attache-sucette.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivier, what a beautiful little pacifier attacher you've made! Much nicer than the usual old clip from the store. Have you ever thought of adding a Google Translate widget to your blog? I'd love to read it but my French is horrible! You can see the one I've added on my blog on the right hand side.

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! I loved looking at everything that was posted by others. My most recent project I finished was http://katiecooksandcrafts.blogspot.com/2014/02/daisy-bonnet-crochet-pattern.html and I already have another project started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, thank you for stopping by! I took a look at your finished project and just love the bonnet you made. It's an adorable pattern. :)

      Delete